My goal is to provide patients with an understanding of their diagnosis and treatment options so we can create a plan that gives them the best possible outcome in the most minimally invasive manner. I believe frequent communication – before and after surgery – is critical to achieving this.
General Surgery, minimally invasive and robotic surgery, trauma surgery, acute care surgery, hernias and abdominal wall reconstruction, care of chronic wounds, other common pathology including that of the appendix, gallbladder and skin and soft tissue.
- University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI
- Saint Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital, Pontiac, MI
- Trauma Medical Director, Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital (2019-present)
- Robotic Surgery Committee, ProHealth Care (2018-present)
- American Board of Surgery – General Surgery
- 2018-Present Wisconsin Surgical Society
- 2018-Present Wisconsin Medical Society
- 2009-Present American Medical Association
- 2009-Present American College of Surgeons – Fellow
Waukesha Surgical Specialists
1111 Delafield St., Suite 209
Waukesha, WI 53188
888 Thackeray Trail
Oconomowoc, WI 53066
109 Air Park Drive
Watertown, WI 53094
- Waukesha Memorial Hospital
- ProHealth Care Moreland Surgery Center, Waukesha
- Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital, Oconomowoc
- Rehabilitation Hospital of WI, Waukesha
- Dr. Schmidt enjoys spending time with his family, golfing, snowboarding, cycling and playing guitar.